Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fleas Attack!

This past couple years our house has been infested with fleas.  The girls and I are the one who got eaten up mostly.  My husband is the only one who seem to be immune to them.  I grew up in the country in Thailand where I played in dirt and living among dogs chicken and all sorts of animals but I didn't get bit this bad.  I felt sorry for my girls.  First I thought, we had bed bugs or something until I actually saw the flea bit me on my foot.  We have a dog with long hair and he has been getting his flea med regularly.  Those collars and drips don't seem to do him good.  One of our friends suggest using Sentinel which kill both fleas and eggs and also uses as heart worm prevention.  I just started him on Sentinel last month.  The dog is still scratching and I found a flea on his tummy which is much better than previous.  I washed all linen, sprayed all the carpets with flea spray and vacuumed the whole house, but we still got eaten up.  Finally, today we decided to bomb upstairs bedrooms with foggers I bought from 1-800 petmeds.  I hope this time it will help.  My next intervention is to get some  powder to use on the rug.  I heard that borax powder will help get rid of flea. If you know any effective way to get rid of flea please let me know. I'd be really appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google