Thursday, December 6, 2007

The twins are Talking?

The girls had just turned 18 months-old couple weeks ago. They are starting to say much clearer and meaningful words now. Suwan surprised me one morning when she woke up and called for her "cheet-ter". It didn't take me long to figure out what she meant. She was looking for her younger twin sister, Anchalee. From then Suwan started to say new words everyday. She loves to look at books or bring them to me so that I can read them to her. Now, every time she sees pictures she recognizes she would say them out loud in words. Her favorite words are hat, car, bear, quack for duck, cat, and ball. Anchalee the younger sister doesn't say much words but love to wave good bye to daddy in the morning and repeatedly says ba-bye. She is a little more shy I think. One time Suwan was telling her sister not to get up on her high chair. "no, no, no" I overheard Suwan said when I was in the kitchen. I came to the play room and found Suwan pulling Anchalee's leg down from the chair and trying to get herself up there instead.
I am trying to teach them Thai as well. The problem I have is that I don't have any Thai relative living with me and my husband doesn't speak Thai. I am not a very talkative person so we are going quite slow here on a Thai lesson. So far the girls are able to understand some simple Thai words like wipe your hand, wipe your mouth, very good, thank you and some animal names like monkey and elephant. I sing Thai karaoke a lot and they love to dance with me. The girls loves dancing so much that now I can't hold on to microphone any more because I have to hold the twins' hands. I am a rotating center pole while they are dancing (more like) running around me with their little fingers hold on to mine. I am the one that usually get tired first and need a break. They always want to dance more. I often tell them let change hands so we can rotate the opposite way. "Mommy gets dizzy", I told them but I don't think they understand. ...some day...they will...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google