Friday, March 2, 2012

Korean Food For Dinner




Love this Korean Yam, I boiled this one with slices of ginger and then add honey & mayo sauce, Yum!

I love going to Korean restaurant.  I love the food and all of Korean restaurants I've been to are very nice and clean, compare to most Chinese Places.  The best part of the meal is the condiments.  All those little side dishes that come before your meal.  They're so wonderful.

We have our joke amongst our old friends about a Chinese Place we visit in Baltimore, where there were lots of mushroom (fungi) growing in there.  Hope they didn't use them for cooking!

Shiitake Mushroom saute in olive oil and soy sauce, sprinkled with roasted Sesame seeds

Anyway back to the Korean Food.  I'm Thai but every once in awhile, I have desires for certain foods like Mexican, Indian or Chinese.  Yesterday, I felt like eating Korean so I drove to a tiny little Korean Store and grabbed a few items for dinner.

Here what I came up with.


Bulgogi: sweet-salty flavor marinated thinly sliced of fine beef and quickly braised in a pan with onion, scallion.

- Almost 2 lbs of thinly sliced beef to make Bulgogi
- 1 large Korean yam - for salad
- 1 jar of Kimchi
- A bag of dried Shitake mushroom - to make saute mushroom with soysauce
- 1 lbs of of home-made mixed Korean veggies (fern tips, spinach and bean sprout)
- 1 lbs of tofu - for pan BBQ
Pan BBQ firm tofu with garlic, scallion and sesame seed
- Little bit of prepared sweet black bean which was ready to eat.

I don't know why I tell you all this and don't share the recipe.  I guess I just want to spread the work that Korean food is pretty good and healthy and it's not that hard to cook.  Korean food doesn't involve a lot of spices like Indian food.  The basic Korean cooking ingredients are such as soy sauce, sesame oil, red chili and bean paste, ginger and garlic.  So next time, when you wonder what to make for dinner or where to go out to eat, considering Korean food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google