Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

Maryland sheep and wool festival 2012




I went there to buy yarn and eat lamp kabob,  my husband went there to buy plants, my kids went there to see sheep and eat ice-cream and my friend went there to buy lemongrass and weaving yarn.  There is always some things fun for everyone there at Sheep and Wool Festival.                             




                                  Sheep skin & wool Floor cover


The twins posting with leggings!
Want to spin you own yarn?  You can buy many bags of these.



Never seen anything look so lovely as these...uhh

Yarn, yarn, yarn what yarn to buy!



cute sheep logo pottery

Knitted necklace at Sheep and wool festival

Visitor enjoying Sheep and Wool Festival

Foods Services
Parking lot looks pretty full

We went early and got there at 9, but the parking lot was already packed.  It was fun and exciting to see a big crowd.  Knitters, spinners, gardeners, musicians, sellers, buyers and family roaming in the streets and shopping for yarns and goods.  There were so many shops to look at and so many sheep to see.


We all enjoyed looking and petting sheep, especially the girls.
Plenty of plants to buy here at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
 My husband found all the plants and herbs he wanted.  I found my cotton yarns plus extra skeins of wool.  The girls found some ice-cream and cotton candy and my friend found two perfect cones of yarn to weave a scarf for her sister.




We had sheep kabob for lunch but I found it quite tough.  I would go for a lamp sausage next time.  The weather was very hot like Summer.  Luckily I brought my hat and a light jacket to protect myself from the sun.  (I have Lupus and sunlight is my enemy!)

This sheep is so adorable.  I think he is smiling.

I love everything about the festival (except a long waiting to get to the bathroom).  If I could I would buy a whole bunch of yarn, but I was good this time.

I have my next knitting project planed in my mind - A sweet Summer, cotton camisole for my younger twin.  She already sketch me her design and I can wait to get started.   I'm still working on a Summer top for my older twin and I have to get it out of the way first before I can start the new project.


It was a fun day for all of us.  I'm glad we went.



 
Bargain Yarn at 50% original Price.  Got some of these.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google