Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Matching Hat For My Daughter and Her American Girl Bitty Baby

Matching red hats for bitty baby and my daughter



I knitted a hat (more like a tam) for my daughter using a bulky yarn.  It was pretty fast knitted.  I added a little flower just above the ribbing.  I really love the finished piece.

Both of my twin daughters have a bitty baby (twins).  The younger twin found a knitted hat that I knitted for her when she was just a few days old.  The hat fits the doll perfectly.   Now my other twin wanted a hat for her doll too.  So I thought it would be nice if her doll have the same style hat as her.
I found the same red, bulky yarn I used for the hat.  So I started to make a little one for the doll.  When I got to the crowd part, the yarn was gone.  I had to search for a similar color yarn to finish it.

American Girl Bitty Baby wearing knitted hat with flower

The finished hat for the doll looks just as great as the big version of it.  I love them both.  My daughter was pretty  happy about it.  She took the doll around and on a road trip with the hat on.

Now the hat patterns are ready to view at;  http://www.to-knit-knitting-stitches.com/strawberry-twirl-hat.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google